The reaction to the new gravitational waves discovery has been massive, and understandably so. A phenomenon predicted by Albert Einstein nearly a century ago has finally been confirmed with a direct observation.
Naturally, where there's a trending hashtag, there are Twitter jokes, running across a spectrum of wittiness. We couldn't help but to round up some of the funniest - or lamest, depending on how you approach this - responses to the gravitational waves discovery. Beware, here be puns, too.
1. This one that failed to grasp the gravity of the situation.
2. The one about a force to be reckoned with.
3. The one that just had to bring politics into it.
4. The one that had its priorities straight.
5. This one that took a slingshot at anyone who forgot just how cool Einstein was.
6. The one that put things into relative perspective.
7. This one that tried to make it relatable.
8. This unsettling one from the gravitational wave itself.
9. This one pretending it wouldn't be a big deal.
10. This one that makes us wish we payed attention in physics class.
11. This one that just had to be done by someone, although still isn't funny.
12. And this one about the ~important~ issues.
Do you have one to add? Tweet us at @SBS_Science!