Muntari, who currently plays with Pescara - formerly with Portsmouth, Inter Milan and AC Milan - was sent off last week for leaving the field after claiming he was racially abused during the Serie A clash with Cagliari.
And while Muntari's one game suspension was eventually overturned, the 32-year-old revealed to CNN that racism is everywhere in football and is only getting worse.
"I couldn't take it anymore. I'm human," an emotional Muntari said.
"[Racism occurs] every game. I was sitting down [on Sunday] and it was happening. There was a player playing and it was happening in the stands, so how are we going to tackle this?"
While Muntari said he would be the "number one" supporter of any planned player boycott, he believes the European political and economic climate has played a part in the increase of racism in football.
Muntari is not the first footballer to suffer racism in Serie A, with former AC Milan team-mate Kevin-Prince Boateng walking off the pitch in 2013.