The Hockeyroos squads for the International Hockey Open in Darwin and for the Champions Trophy in London have been announced today.
Head Coach Adam Commens has selected strong teams of 18 to compete in each event, with members of the core Hockeyroos squad being given the opportunity to cement their places in the team ahead of selection for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
The International Hockey Open will see hometown favourite Brooke Peris return to Darwin to play in the last Hockeyroos games in Australia before the Rio Olympics. Kellie White is a noticeable return to the team, after a positive recovery from injury.
Hockeyroos captain Madonna Blyth will be absent from the squad in Darwin, however will return to the Champions Trophy Squad to compete in London.
“With these two series being so close to the Olympic Games is it is likely that our Olympic 16 will come from these 20 players, however if necessary we are confident that any player from our broader squad will be prepared to perform in Rio.”
- Edwina Bone (Evatt, ACT)
- Jane Claxton (Adelaide, SA)
- Kirsten Dwyer (Mackay, QLD)
- Anna Flanagan (Canberra, ACT)
- Jodie Kenny (Wamuran, QLD)
- Rachael Lynch (Warrandyte, VIC)
- Karri McMahon (Berri, SA)
- Georgina Morgan (Armidale, NSW)
- Gabrielle Nance (Kingscliff, SA)
- Georgia Nanscawen (Melbourne, VIC)
- Georgina Parker (Berri, SA)
- Brooke Peris (Darwin, NT)
- Casey Sablowski (Albion Park, NSW)
- Kathryn Slattery (South Stirling, WA)
- Emily Smith (Crookwell, NSW)
- Grace Stewart (Gerringong, NSW)
- Ashlee Wells (Morwell, VIC)
- Kellie White (Crookwell, NSW)
International Hockey Open, Darwin (Featuring New Zealand, Japan and India)
- Tuesday 31 May: AUS v JPN | 7.00pm ACST / 5.30pm AWST / 7.30pm AEST
- Wednesday 1 June: AUS v NZL | 7.00pm ACST / 5.30pm AWST / 7.30pm AEST
- Friday 3 June: AUS v IND | 7.00pm ACST / 5.30pm AWST / 7.30pm AEST
- Saturday 4 June: Finals TBC
How can you watch?
Tickets for the International Hockey Open in Darwin are limited so head to www.ntix.com.au to secure your chance to see the Hockeyroos play for the last time in Australia prior to the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.