1. To be honest, this gif is all you really need to see. But we’ll give you 6 more anyway
2. Female athletes don’t sell their services to the highest bidder
For women, sport is rarely about money, meaning they tend to stay loyal to their team. Lauren Jackson, the greatest player to play in the WNBA, stayed with Seattle Storm her entire career - something very few NBA players can claim.
3. Male athletes will never know this eternal struggle
4. And they don't need to budget for hair ties and bobby pins
5. Sportswomen take every chance they can to compete for their country
Unlike male athletes, who are often guilty of using international tournaments as rest and recovery blocks.
6. A photo shoot sadly means more makeup and less clothes for women
7. Bank balance
Here's the big one. There are so many examples, but here's a good one to put it into perspective. The US men's football team received $9 million for making the second stage of the 2014 World Cup. The U.S. women collected $2 million for winning the 2015 World Cup.