SBS Radio App

Download the FREE SBS Radio App for a better listening experience

Advertisement
The movie Padmavati has been marred with controversy for a long time.
English
By
20 Nov 2017 - 1:09 PM  UPDATED 21 Nov 2017 - 3:03 PM

A BJP from Haryana has announced a bounty of Rs 10 crore for whoever beheads Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone and filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Bhartiya Janata Party’s Chief Media Coordinator Suraj Pal Amu made these comments on Sunday against the actress and filmmaker in a continued controversy surrounding the release of the movie ‘Padmavati’.

According to the Deccan Chronicle, Suraj Pal Amu also threatened to break the legs of Ranveer Singh if he supported filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali.

"If you (Ranveer Singh) do not take back your words, we will break your legs (Agar tune apne shabd wapas nahin liye, toh teri taango ko todkar tere haathon mein de dengey)," he said, adding slurs against the actor.

The MP also praised the youth in Meerut for announcing Rs 5 Crore bounty for beheading Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali.

"I want to congratulate the Meerut youth for announcing Rs 5 crore bounty for beheading Deepika, and Bhansali. We will reward the ones beheading them, with Rs 10 crore, and also take care of their family's needs," he added.

Suraj Pal Amu also requested Prime Minister Narindra Modi and Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to speak up against the release of movie ‘Padmavati’ and also remarked that he is ready to quit BJP for his remarks.

'Padmavati' has been facing controversy since Bhansali started shooting the film earlier this year. The first poster of the movie was released in October this year and triggered a storm with various Rajput groups and others claiming that the director had 'distorted' historical facts. These groups claim that the movie has invented a romantic angle between Padmini and Aluddin Khilji. Film sets have been wrecked in two cities, movie ticket windows smashed, shops vandalized and the fort of Chittor shut to visitors.

Bhansali and Padukone have received threats. Their security has been beefed up by the Mumbai police.

The movie was set to release on the 1st of December this year but the makers have voluntarily deferred the date.

Censor Board Chief Prasoon Joshi had on Saturday slammed the makers for allowing the film to be screened for various media channels before obtaining a certificate from the board.

The CBFC had sent the film back to the producer as the application for the certification was 'incomplete'.

A new release date is yet to be announced.

For more stories, follow SBS Punjabi on Facebook and Twitter.

Also read 

Indian music composer alleges racial profiling by Sydney Airport officer
Tamil film music director Santosh Narayanan said he was picked up for screening eighth time in a row and alleged that an officer insulted him.
Pictures emerge showing Japanese troops using Sikh POWs as practice targets
Some pictures have emerged that show Japanese troops using Sikh POWs as target practice in WW2.
Indian student killed in tragic farm accident
25-year-old Jatinder Singh Sachdeva came to Australia a little over three years ago with his wife on a student visa.
Indian man claims no-man’s land, declares himself king
A software engineer from India has claimed a strip of 800 square miles of land between Egypt and Sudan and declared himself the king.