This resource provides additional context and activities to enrich viewing of the documentary Backtrack Boys. The film and accompanying resource are intended for young learners - no matter their gender, socio-economic background or ethnicity. The resource includes:
- Guidance on watching the whole film, as well as activities based on shorter excerpts;
- Ways to use the film and resource for teacher professional development;
- Insights into the making of the documentary;
- Case studies that cultivate empathy and personal growth in students;
- Discussion ideas and classroom activities.
While an outstanding learning resource, the film Backtrack Boys is rated MA15+ so needs to be reviewed carefully by teachers.
Humanities and Social Sciences
Years 9&10 – Civics & Citizenship: ACHCK079, ACHCK093, ACHCK094, ACHCS083, ACHCS096, ACHCS084, ACHCS097, ACHCS085, ACHCS098, ACHCS086, ACHCS099, ACHCS088, ACHCS101, ACHCS089, ACHCS102.
Year 10 – Geography: ACHGK080, ACHGK081.
Year 10 – Media Arts: ACAMAR079.