This resource is a guide to facilitating constructive conversations about racism in classrooms. Drawing on Face up to Racism programming from SBS, these materials will guide your students to challenge their preconceptions around race and prejudice. The resource includes:
- Short clips from two SBS documentaries about racism;
- Exploration of multi-cultural Australian society;
- Guidelines for respectful classroom discussions;
- Ways to build confidence and safety as a teacher navigating sensitive topics;
- Discussion points, activities and practical tasks.
This teacher resource was produced in partnership with the NSW Department of Education and was correct at time of original publication in 2017.