This teacher resource allows you to join documentary host Ray Martin and six Australians on an extraordinary journey. Use this resource to guide students through an exploration of Australian histories, narratives and perspectives by drawing on SBS documentary, First Contact.
- Curriculum-aligned short clips;
- Facts relating to the clip location and theme;
- Discussion questions and activities;
- Interactive media to engage and inform students;
- The resource is structured to build empathy and intercultural understanding.
Information in this resource correct at time of original publication in 2016.
Warning: SBS Learn would like to advise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples this resource may contain images, voices and/or names of people who have died.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures