This resource is based on a unique interactive documentary, My Grandmother's Lingo, produced by SBS. Students can learn some of the Marra language and use these words to progress through the documentary. After viewing, this resource includes extensions to learning, including:
- Background information about the content of the interactive film;
- Guidance information for teachers to use this film in classrooms, including setting protocols;
- Project-based activity on creating filmic elements;
- Ways to increase literacy reading multi-media texts;
- A Meet the Animator clip about the process of making the interactive film;
- Ways to incorporate the interactive into units of work.
Warning: SBS Learn would like to advise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples this resource may contain the images, voices and/or names of deceased persons.