Commissioned in 1984, Dateline is Australia’s longest-running international current affairs program, with a brief to provide stories for Australians about life beyond Australia’s shores.
Dateline reporters are considered pioneers in video journalism – the art of travelling alone on assignment to film and report stories. Using small, lightweight cameras and minimal sound and lighting equipment, our reporters are able to gain unique and independent access to people, places and stories.
Dateline is shown in Australia at 9.30pm each Tuesday on SBS ONE and will return for its 2015 season on 27th January.
Dateline’s awards include:
- 1 Gold Walkley Award (the highest award in Australian journalism)
- 18 Walkley Awards
- 4 Walkley Young Australian Journalist of the Year Awards
- 16 United Nations Media Awards
- 2 Logie Awards
- 2 George Munster Independent Journalism Awards
- 2 Rory Peck Awards
- 1 Human Rights Press Award (Hong Kong)
- First Prize in Johns Hopkins University’s School of Advanced International Studies Novartis Award
- New York Film Festival – multiple awards
Find out what's coming up by subscribing to our newsletter.
You can also comment on specific reports, or join the Twitter conversation using #DatelineSBS.
SBS can also be contacted by phone toll free on 1800 500 727, and for publicity enquiries ONLY, please contact SBS publicist Natalie Dubois at email@example.com