It goes without saying that Girls' Generation are among the most successful K-pop groups ever, but according to a new list regarding concert tours, it appears that the group is perhaps one of the most successful girl group in pop music history!
In a new list by celebmix titled "The 10 Highest Grossing Girl Group Concert Tours Of All Time", Girls' Generation are listed alongside other legendary girl groups such as TLC, Spice Girls, The Pussycat Dolls, and Destiny's Child. However, while those aforementioned groups each took up one spot on the list, Girls' Generation took up a whopping five spots on the list, with their highest grossing tour - the "Love & Peace Japan 3rd Tour" - coming in at No. 4 with a gross revenue of $31.6 million.
It doesn't stop there though as Girls' Generation proceeded to take the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th spots with their "Phantasia", "Girls & Peace", "1st Japan Arena" and "Girls and Peace World" tours respectively.
While this group didn't make the list, fellow K-pop girl group 2NE1 got an honourable mention on the list for having nearly 220,000 fans for their 2012 "New Evolution Global Tour".
Here's the list in its entirety:
- TLC - FanMail Tour - $82.9 million
- Destiny's Child - Destiny Fulfilled...and Lovin' it Tour - $70.8 million
- Spice Girls - The Return of the Spice Girls World Tour - $70 million
- Girls' Generation - Love & Peace Japan 3rd Tour - $31.6 million
- Little Mix - Get Weird Tour - $24.5 million
- Girls' Generation - Phantasia Tour - $22.3 million
- Girls' Generation - Girls & Peace Japan 2nd Tour - $21.5 million
- Girls' Generation - The 1st Japan Arena Tour - $14.98 million
- Girls' Generation - "Girls and Peace" World Tour - $14.97 million
- Pussycat Dolls - Doll Domination Tour - $14.3 million
A huge congrats to Girls Generation on their massive success (and for taking up half the list)!