Competition: Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
Promoter: Special Broadcasting Service Corporation (ABN 91 314 398 574) (SBS) of 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon NSW 2064. Phone: 1800 500 727.
Entry Restrictions: The Competition is open to Australian residents only, aged 18 and over. Employees of the Promoter, the Prize Supplier(s) and associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible.
Commences: 10:00 am AEST on Monday August 5 2019.
Closes: 11:59 pm AEST on Monday August 19 2019.
Maximum Number of Entries: One per person per day.
How to enter:
- During the Competition Period, entrants must go to https://www.sbs.com.au/movies/article/2019/07/24/win-trip-la-celebrate-once-upon-time-hollywood and follow the directions to complete the online entry form.
- Entrants must register their details, including (but not limited to) name, address and phone number.
- Entrants must answer the following question in 25 words or less: “Why do you want to win this Once Upon A Time In Hollywood experience?”
One Major Prize winner will receive:
- Return economy flights from winners nearest capital city to Los Angeles. Up to Maximum $5220
- Return airport/hotel transfers, Los Angeles. $400
- 5 nights shared accommodation Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, LA. $4200
- Private full day sightseeing tour. $940
- Golden Age of Hollywood tour. $480
- Cinerama Dome tickets (via eft) $60
- Cocktails at Bar Marmont, Chateau Marmont $320
- $1000 AUD Spending Money $1000
- Travel Insurance $400
The Major Prize is valued up to maximum (excluding GST): $13,020
Travel Prize Conditions:
- Package is based on 2 people sharing a room.
- Dates of travel must be confirmed within 45 days of notification of winning prize.
- All prize inclusions are subject to availability during winners choices of travel dates. If a particular element is unavailable then a replacement to the same value will be provided.
- Unless otherwise stated, winner and guest/s are to make their own way to and from all prize inclusions
- All elements are subject to availability at time of booking. There is no cash alternative. Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Not to be taken over USA or Australian Public or National holiday periods.
- Not valid between 14 December 2019 and 14 January 2020.
- Travel must be completed within 12 months of notification of winning
- Winner will be required to produce credit card upon check in to hotel for incidentals. This is mandatory.
- Winner and guest must be over 21 years of age. If winner and or guest are under 21 years of age then the Golden Age of Hollywood tour and Chateau Marmont cocktails will be forfeited and an age appropriate experience substituted.
- Airline Tickets are non-transferable (i.e. no name changes allowed). Once tickets are issued, they are non-transferable. Any alterations to confirmed flights and/or accommodation and/or scheduling arrangements will be at the expense of the winner and their travelling companions and cannot be split across different time periods.
- Individual supplier terms and conditions apply.
- Flights are economy class and may be indirect. The airline’s Conditions of Carriage apply to all flights. The Winner and travelling companions must travel at the same time and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest Capital City Airport in Australia. These conditions apply for all flights.
- Airline, flight route and dates of travel are subject to the promoter’s absolute and final decision.
- Winner and his/her guest must have valid e-passports and applicable visas/permissions. Passports must have 6 months validity from the return date of entry back into Australia.
- Winner and his/her guest are responsible for registering with the US Visa Waiver programme: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov if applicable.
- The United States requires that travellers entering the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (ESTA) hold an e-Passport if their passport was issued on or after 26th October 2006.
- Travel insurance is valid for passengers under 85 years of age and without pre-existing conditions: PRE-EXISTING CONDITION means: in respect of Injury: a condition with which the Insured Person was aware of (whether diagnosed or not) or has sought treatment prior to the Insured Travel covered under this Policy. 2. in respect of Sickness: i. a condition or side effect with which the Insured Person was aware of (whether diagnosed or not) or has sought treatment prior to the Insured Travel covered under this Policy. If any form of cancer is a Pre-Existing Condition, then there is no cover for cancer or cancer-related conditions. ii. a condition caused by a Pre-Existing Condition, that is, any medical condition that You have suffered from or been treated for, irrespective of whether a complete recovery has occurred. In the event of not qualifying for the included travel insurance, the winner will be required to obtain their own travel insurance policy.
- Any changes by the winner made to the specified prize package (including travel extensions, additional guests, etc) will be subject to an administration fee of $250 excluding GST, which must be settled in full prior to booking confirmation.
- All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize the Winner is not entitled to, are not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter and its officers, employees and agents accept no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
RUNNERS UP PRIZES
50 Runners Up Prizes will be awarded during the Competition Period.
The Runners Up Prize consists of 1 Double pass to see Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood in cinemas.
Each Runners Prize is valued up to $40 (RRP).
- Prize will consist of 1 Double pass to see Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood in cinemas.
- The double pass will admit up to 2 adults to watch Once Upon A Time in Hollywood at any participating cinema. Ticket terms and conditions apply. Tickets not redeemable for cash and not transferable
Total value of all Prizes:
Major Prize is valued up to (excluding GST): $13,020
Runners Prizes valued up to $2000 (RRP)
Prize Supplier/s: Sony Pictures Releasing
One Prize Winner and 50 Runners Up will be selected from all valid entries.
A panel selected by the Promoter will judge all valid entries and the Winner(s) will be selected on Friday August 23 2019 at 11.00am AEST at 14 Herbert Street, Artarmon, NSW 2064.
Prize Winner Notification:
Major Prize Winner will be notified by email and/or phone on Monday August 26 2019. Winners’ names will also be published on the SBS Movies website on Tuesday August 27 2019
Second Chance Draw and notification:
If a Winner cannot be contacted by 5.00pm AEST Friday August 30, the Promoter or its nominated agent will select another winner from all valid entries. Second Chance Draw winners will be notified by email and/or phone on Monday September 2 2019 and published on the SBS Movies website on Tuesday September 3 2019.
General Terms and Conditions
- Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Information relating to the Competition and the above Schedule form part of the terms and conditions for the Competition. The Promoter may vary these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion, subject to approval of the relevant state authorities.
- Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions above.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must complete the process outlined in the Entry Details during the Competition Period. Any entry received outside of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants may enter the Competition up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Each entry must be submitted separately and meet the eligibility requirements.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated Prize delivery address and proof of entry validity, in order to claim a Prize. Acceptance of proof of eligibility is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that an entrant cannot provide proof, their entry will be deemed invalid.
- All valid entries are automatically entered into the Winner Selection process, which will take place at the times and dates set out in the Schedule, including any specified Second Chance Draw.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification details in the Schedule.
- All Prizes are as depicted or described in the Schedule and, unless otherwise specified, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter is not responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the Prize.
- If a Prize is date specific, the Winner must be available to redeem the Prize on the date/s specified in the Schedule. If the Winner is not able to redeem the Prize on the specified date/s, the Promoter may determine another Winner in its absolute discretion.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the Competition or in connection with taking up the Prizes.
- Once Prizes have left the Prize Supplier’s premises, no responsibility is taken for Prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in Prize value between now and the ultimate Prize redemption date.
- All Prizes are subject to availability. In the event that any of the Prizes or part of a Prize becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar prize to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to state regulations.
- If the Prize involves tickets to an event or travel, the Promoter is not responsible for any change in times or dates, cancellations or rescheduling of events that may prevent the Prize Winner from redeeming the Prize or any part of it.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements.
- Travel portions of a Prize may be subject to blackout dates and travel periods as specified in the Schedule. If travel has not been redeemed within this time period, tickets shall be deemed null and void.
- Rewards program points cannot be accrued when taking up the Prize.
- Bookings are subject to availability and are not re-routable. Once booked and approved by the Prize supplier, any changes may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee at the cost of the winner. Once tickets have been issued they cannot be changed.
- Neither the Promoter nor the Prize Supplier/s or their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury that results directly or indirectly from the Winner taking part in any aspect of the Prize. Where relevant, the Winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the Prize package and will take out appropriate travel insurance.
- The Winner and their travelling companion are responsible for any visa requirements associated with the Prize. In the event that the Winner or their companion are unable to obtain appropriate visas, the Promoter takes no responsibility for the Prize winner’s or their companion's inability to take the Prize.
- Winners are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the Prize, including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, incidentals, gratuities, services charges, optional extras, transfers, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation any tax liabilities, airport charges, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs. Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, travel insurance is not included in the Prize and will be the responsibility of the winner(s). Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- If a Prize includes accommodation, it is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon arrival at any accommodation to cover all ancillary costs they may incur during their stay. For the avoidance of doubt, the Winner acknowledges that the accommodation part of the Prize includes room charges only and no ancillary costs such as room service.
- Travel arrangements to and from the Winner’s departure city airport do not form part of the Prize and are the responsibility of the Winner.
- The Winner and their travelling companion must travel together on the same dates and to and from the same destination.
- All travel will be subject to the general conditions of carriage. The Promoter and Prize Supplier make no representations as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. It is the responsibility of the Winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
- Neither the Promoter nor the Prize supplier or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond the Promoter and the Prize supplier's control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the Prize in accordance with the Prize description.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the Promoter’s opinion, includes objectionable content.
- This Competition is a game of skill and chance will play no part in determining the Winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon literary and creative merit.
- All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- The Promoter takes no liability for any tax issues which may arise from accepting a Prize in this Competition. Consult an independent tax adviser if this is a concern.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- The Promoter and the Prize Supplier/s assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administrative security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available to the fullest extent permitted by law, including to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. Subject to state regulations.
- All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter.
- Entrants consent to their full names and/or their entries being used in all media by the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge and agree they may be required to participate in promotional activities while taking up the Prize.
- The Promoter may use entrants' names and details for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. The Promoter may also be required to disclose your personal information to its contractors, agents, co-promoter and to state and territory gaming departments to assist in conducting the Competition.
- Any entrant found to be using multiple social media accounts to enter the Competition may be disqualified at SBS’s sole discretion.
- Entrants acknowledge this Competition is in no way associated with or sponsored or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this Competition is not provided to Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
© 2019 Columbia TriStar Marketing Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.