This is your update on the Coronavirus in Australia for 21 July 2021.
- NSW introduced the first regional lockdown for the Orange, Cabonne and Blayney council areas.
- Victoria records 22 new local COVID-19 cases, all of the new cases are linked to current outbreaks.
- Residents in NSW and Victoria are getting tested in record numbers.
- South Australia has recorded a new case of COVID–19, bringing the current cluster to six.
New South Wales
New South Wales has recorded 110 new locally acquired COVID-19 cases, with 43 of those infectious in the community. From today, employers who force their employees to come into the office will face an on-the-spot fine of $10,000.
The first regional stay-at-home orders that apply to all people who live in the Orange, Cabonne and Blayney council areas or have been there on or after Saturday, July 17. Testing clinics are open in the area.
Find here, the locations of the cases in a list or a map. The current lockdown will be extended until 11:59 pm on Friday, 30 July.
Victoria has recorded 22 new local coronavirus cases, all of which are linked to the current outbreaks. The total number of active cases in the state to 118.
Victorian residents in New South Wales and the ACT are no longer allowed to come home under a two-week pause on issuing red zone permits.
Find here, the locations of the cases in a list or a map. The current lockdown will be extended until 11:59 pm on Tuesday, 27 July.
Last 24 hours around Australia
.There are currently 82 testing sites across South Australia, and 52 exposure sites.
From tomorrow, anyone who's been to South Australia won't be allowed to enter Queensland unless they're a returning resident.
Western Australia is also implementing 14 days of quarantine for travellers from South Australia.
The Eid al Adha (“Festival of the Sacrifice”) finishes on Friday, 23 July. It is important to protect yourself and others during Eid al-Fitr prayers by:
- choosing to pray at home
- cancelling large gatherings
- wearing your mask
- using your own prayer rug
Quarantine, travel, testing clinics and pandemic disaster payment
Quarantine and testing requirements are managed and enforced by state and territory governments:
VIC Travel permit, Overseas travellers and Quarantine
ACT Transport and Quarantine
NT Travel and Quarantine
QLD Travel and Quarantine
SA Travel and Quarantine
TAS Travel and Quarantine
WA Travel and Quarantine
- News and information over 60 languages at sbs.com.au/coronavirus
- Relevant guidelines for your state or territory: NSW, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia, Northern Territory, ACT, Tasmania.
- Information about the COVID-19 vaccine in your language.
Testing clinics in each state and territory:
Pandemic disaster payment information in each state and territory: