- Victoria will enter its sixth COVID-19 lockdown from 8 pm
- Hunter Valley region goes into lockdown from 5 pm
- All new cases in Brisbane linked
- Prime Minister confirms extra Pfizer COVID-19 doses for NSW
Premier Daniel Andrews has confirmed the state will be placed into a seven-day lockdown, effective from 8 Thursday, the 5th of August.
Victoria has recorded eight locally acquired cases and will enter its sixth lockdown less than two weeks after the state has emerged from its last one.
New South Wales
NSW has recorded 262 new locally acquired cases and five deaths. Four people who died were not vaccinated, while the fifth person had received one dose of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
New restrictions will be introduced for Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Port Stephens, Singleton, Dungog, Muswellbrook and Cessnock from 5 pm today until 12.01 am on the 13th of August.
Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant urges people from Armidale and Dubbo to get tested as virus levels in sewage systems have risen.
NSW authorities plead with everyone to get vaccinated. Find here the list of vaccination clinics.
Queensland has recorded 16 new locally acquired cases, all linked to the existing cluster.
Deputy Premier Steven Miles says 12 of these cases in Brisbane have been isolated for their entire infectious period. With 79 active cases, the end of the lockdown on the 8th of August remains uncertain.
Find here the COVID-19 vaccine information in your language.
Last 24 hours around Australia
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison confirms NSW will receive an extra 180,000 doses of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine in the week of the 16th of August.
Quarantine, travel, testing clinics and pandemic disaster payment
Quarantine and testing requirements are managed and enforced by state and territory governments:
VIC Travel permit, Overseas travellers and Quarantine
ACT Transport and Quarantine
NT Travel and Quarantine
QLD Travel and Quarantine
SA Travel and Quarantine
TAS Travel and Quarantine
WA Travel and Quarantine
- News and information over 60 languages at sbs.com.au/coronavirus
- Relevant guidelines for your state or territory: NSW, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia, Northern Territory, ACT, Tasmania.
- Information about the COVID-19 vaccine in your language.
Visit the translated resources published by NSW Multicultural Health Communication Service:
Testing clinics in each state and territory:
Pandemic disaster payment information in each state and territory: