Qantas to slash services over next six months due to coronavirus outbreak

Qantas will reduce capacity by almost a quarter for the next six months due to fears over COVID-19, including grounding 38 aircraft.

Qantas made the announcement on Thursday.

Qantas made the announcement on Thursday. Source: AAP

The Qantas said in a statement, there had been a "sudden and significant drop" in demand for flights and that it must reduce the frequency of flights as well as the size of aircraft.

In a statement, the airline said: "The latest cuts follow the spread of the coronavirus into Europe and North America over the past fortnight, as well as its continued spread through Asia."


1 min read

Published

Updated

By Yang J. Joo

Presented by Yang J. Joo



Share this with family and friends


Follow SBS Korean

Download our apps

Listen to our podcasts

Get the latest with our exclusive in-language podcasts on your favourite podcast apps.

Watch on SBS

Korean News

Watch it onDemand

Watch now