Archbishop of Adelaide found guilty of concealing child sexual abuse

Adelaide Archbishop Philip Wilson has been found guilty of concealing child sexual abuse in NSW.

Archbishop Philip Wilson leaves the Newcastle Local Court in Newcastle, Tuesday, May 22, 2018.

Source: AAP

Adelaide Archbishop Philip Wilson, the most senior Catholic official in the world to be charged with covering up child sexual abuse, has been found guilty by a NSW court.

Magistrate Robert Stone told Newcastle Local Court on Tuesday Wilson had concealed the abuse of two altar boys in the NSW Hunter region by pedophile priest James Fletcher by failing to report the allegations to police.

Mr Stone said he was satisfied one of the altar boys, Peter Creigh, had been a "truthful and reliable" witness.

Follow the full English article here


1 min read

Published

Updated




Share this with family and friends


Follow SBS Malayalam

Download our apps

Listen to our podcasts

Get the latest with our exclusive in-language podcasts on your favourite podcast apps.

Watch on SBS

SBS World News

Take a global view with Australia's most comprehensive world news service

Watch now