Dreamworld theme park had planned to open on Friday for a memorial day, where only smaller rides and the waterpark would open, but Queensland police forced them to cancel that plan as their investigations into the tragedy continue.
In a statement, the Gold Coast theme park said the integrity of the coronial investigation was "of paramount importance".
"Postponing the service will give the Queensland Police Service the time it needs to conduct this investigation," the park said.
Neil Balnaves, the outgoing chair of Ardent Leisure, the owner of Dreamworld, had earlier on Thursday said that the theme-park would fully reopen on Saturday.
It's unknown at this stage when the park will reopen with Dreamworld saying in a statement they would provide an update on Monday.
The decision to reopen the park so soon after the tragedy was one of several issues to create division at Dreamworld's parent company's AGM in Sydney on Thursday.
Also on Thursday, the CEO Ardent Leisure CEO Deborah Thomas Media announced she will donate her cash bonus of $167,500 to the Red Cross to assist people affected by the deaths of four people at Dreamworld, after the AGM voted to award her a a performance rights package worth $843,000.
The mother of one of the people killed on the ride, Kate Goodchild's husband David has described the horror that confronted the youngsters in the aftermath of the accident.
"My son managed to reach his partner of 33 years who died in his arms while his 12-year-old daughter looked on screaming in the background," Gillian Turner told media in Canberra.
"I would like to believe that my 12-year-old granddaughter was saved so she could tell her little sister what a wonderful mum Kate was."
