SKIP TO MAIN CONTENT

Opera House, Manly police ops complete

Police operations are under way in the Sydney Opera House precinct and across the harbour in Manly.

Sydney Opera House
The Sydney Opera House. Source: AAP

1 min read

Published

Updated

Source: AAP



Skip to article content

The Sydney Opera House precinct has been reopened to the public after a police operation caused staff and tourists to be evacuated from the iconic landmark.

Police simultaneously conducted an operation across the harbour in Manly as a precautionary measure following information on social media.

The forecourt of the Opera House was cleared at around 2pm with police erecting metal barriers.

Employees at the Sydney Opera House and Opera Bar calmly left the building.

A Sydney Opera House tour guide said she had been leading tourists around the building when police arrived.

"My tour was stopped mid tour... now I can't get back in," she told AAP.

Tourists milled around the area and took selfies despite security guards and police officers asking them to move on.

The Opera House's Bennelong Restaurant is still taking bookings for Thursday night and performances at the Sydney Opera House will also proceed as planned.


Follow SBS Turkish

Download our apps

Listen to our podcasts

Get the latest with our exclusive in-language podcasts on your favourite podcast apps.

Watch on SBS

Turkish News

Stream now