Among the many great performances that were put on at last night's 6th Gaeo Music Awards, BTS' showcase was one of the highlights of the event. However, there are netizens who aren't too happy with BTS' stage as some think the group copied parts from T.O.P's solo performances at BIGBANG concerts.
BTS' stage at the Gaon Music Awards kicked off with a "no signal" screen and concept, before diving into a performance of "Save Me". However, some BIGBANG fans have claimed that BTS lifted this "no signal" intro from T.O.P.
Here's BTS' performance from the 6th Gaon Music Awards:
And here's T.O.P's solo performance during a recent BIGBANG concert:
Upon the conclusion of BTS' performance, some netizens began demanding an apology from the group for copying BIGBANG, causing the hashtag #노_시그널_사과해주세요 (meaning #No_Signal_Please apologise) to trend on Twitter.
Some netizens weren't too happy with BTS' stage and have expressed their frustration on various forums:
- "Big Bang was first to apply 'no signal' into their performance. You have to accept the truth."
- "YG need to take legal action."
- "They copy everything!"
- "Why are they keep copying! Let's cheer up TT."
Having said that, there are others who are more neutral on the issue, claiming that BTS' stage and performance was nothing to argue over about:
- "Hul~ lol this is unbelievable. This is too far of a stretch."
- "Big Bang didn't invent s**t. Why should they apologize."
- "Do a search for 'no signal' and you will get millions of results. Overreaction at its finest."
What do you think about BTS' performance at the 6th Gaon Music Awards?
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: