The last few years have seen K-pop acts make debuts in Japan and various other countries, and the result is an increasing amount of great songs that aren't in Korean.
In an interesting new thread over on Reddit, K-pop fans got into a fascinating discussion about which acts have strong non-Korean discographies. With Reddit being the home to a large number of fans who have diverse tastes and interests, the answers were certainly very interesting.
Here are some K-pop acts who also have some great non-Korean songs and albums, as according to fans.
- Most of my favorite SNSD songs are Japanese. Never not gonna like Karma Butterfly. Also After School has a killer album... Especially like Shh.
- SHINee's Japanese discography is the s***, not to be overlooked.
- TVXQ has 8 Japanese albums and only a few of their songs are carryovers from their Korean releases (usually title tracks)! A few of their Japanese songs have crossed over into their Korean albums (Love in the Ice, I Don't Know, Purple Line). Their DB5K Japanese releases are amazing and everyone should check them out.
- i personally love AOA's japanese single Ai Wo Chodai its such a fun song and the japanese version of (their best song ever) 10 Seconds is amazing
- EXO! Their whole discography is also in Chinese ;)
- SEVENTEEN'S Jun and the The8 just released a Chinese version of their song My I today as well. It's a stunning video and great song.
- Super Junior-M's title songs tend to be stronger than the regular group's post-2009 title songs. Still waiting for a version of Swing that takes out the dance break. Also a rare case where the Korean versions use more English than the foreign language ones.
Tell us your fave non-Korean songs from K-pop acts!
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: