Jessica Jung was part of popular girl group Girls' Generation until her departure in 2015. Since then she has established herself as a successful solo artist, model and actor, all while maintaining her fashion label, BLANC & ECLARE.
Let’s get to know more about Jessica!
1. While on a family vacation in South Korea, Jessica was scouted by an SM Entertainment representative at the mall along with her sister Krystal. She then moved to South Korea and trained for seven years until her debut with Girls' Generation.
2. Jessica loves her sleep. She likes to sleep for an average of 12 hours a day. (She's definitely getting her beauty sleep in.. and more! haha)
3. She opened up her first American store for BLANC & ECLARE in New York in 2016. The label sells everything from clothing and accessories to cosmetics.
4. Jessica and Tiffany were born in the same San Francisco hospital (what are the chances!).
5. She was given the nickname ‘Ice Princess’ in her early days due to her cold and blunt personality. She has since blossomed and shows her more caring and vibrant side.
6. Jessica is known to hate cucumbers and anything that looks like a cucumber including watermelons and pears. She hates the smell of cucumber more than the smell of garlic. (I guess she avoids the vegetable section at the supermarket haha).
7. She did an unlikely duet with Park Myung Soo for Infinite Challenge called ‘Naengmyeon (Cold Noodles),’ which was quite popular.
8. She now works under the label Coridel Entertainment, which was founded by Tyler Kwon, who Jessica is currently dating.
9. Jessica has a unique sound whenever she is scared or surprised. Fans have called it the dolphin scream due to its extremely high pitch. (It's so strong that when she screams, it shocks other members and can probably crack a window... It's that powerful haha)!
Check out her classic live performance of Naengmyeon with Park Myung Soo here:
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: