There may have been many great things in the world of K-pop in 2017 but the year has also had its share of scandals and controversies, and now fans have had their say on what was the biggest scandal of 2017.
In a new survey from popular online community board DC Inside that took place from November 26 to December 2, thousands of fans were asked what they thought were the worst celebrity controversies in 2017.
A total of 25,157 votes were cast and fans voted BIGBANG's T.O.P's marijuana controversy as the biggest celebrity scandal of 2017, followed by actor Yoo Ah In for his military enlistment controversy, and JYJ's Yoochun's sexual assault allegations.
Here are the 12 biggest Korean celebrity controversies of 2017 as voted by fans:
- BIGBANG's T.O.P's marijuana controversy (READ HERE) - 2,711 (10.8%) votes
- Yoo Ah In's military enlistment exemption (READ HERE) - 2,357 (9.4%) votes
- JYJ's Yoochun's sexual assault allegations (READ HERE) - 2,034 (8.1%) votes
- SHINee's Onew's sexual harassment allegations (READ HERE) - 6.5% votes
- NU'EST's Baekho's sexual assault allegations (READ HERE) - 6.5% votes
- Super Junior's Jangin's DUI incidents and assault allegations (READ HERE) - 6.3% votes
- Super Junior's Siwon's dog biting controversy (READ HERE) - 6.0% votes
- Jo Deok Jae's sexual molestation allegations (READ HERE) - 5.9% votes
- Yoon Son Ha's son being involved in bullying incident (READ HERE) - 5.8% votes
- Jeong Jun Ha's actions on Infinite Challenge (READ HERE) - 5.8% votes
- Yoon Je Moon's DUI controversy (READ HERE) - 5.8% votes
- Seo In Young's cursing on-set controversy (READ HERE) - 5.8% votes
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: