BTS have just released the teaser for "IDOL" featuring them in hanbok (traditional Korean dress) while also rocking sneakers and modern touches.
For those who don't know, hanbok is traditional Korean dress for semi-formal and formal occasions like festivals and ceremonies. Hanbok usually refers to clothing from the Joseon period and it was worn daily in Korean society up until about 100 years ago.
This isn't the first time BTS have celebrated their culture by donning hanbok and we couldn't help but collect some examples of it for us all to enjoy.
1. When they played New Years' games in traditional Korean dress
2. Singing their own praises
3. This adorable 2014 Chuseok broadcast
4. Dancing their hearts out to "Danger" in traditional clothing
5. Their 2014 New Year's Day greeting
6. And also when they danced it up during a photoshoot
7. Jin going full hanbok after losing a bet
8. Jimin changing it up with a women's hanbok for American Hustle Life
9. Jungkook's moves somehow made more powerful with traditional clothing
10. The 100% power look of the rapline rocking hanbok for "Ddaeng"
11. And now with the teaser from "IDOL", hanbok meets modern
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: