BTS' Map of the Soul: Persona has seen the seven-member K-pop boy group hit new dizzying heights both in South Korea and internationally.
From pre-order sales shattering their previous numbers to tying with The Beatles on their third Billboard No.1 in under a year, BTS have gone above and beyond what anyone (and probably what they) could have imagined.
Here's an attempt to collate some of the records Map of the Soul: Persona has broken already, and the incredible things BTS have achieved worldwide.
1. Persona had 3,021,822 pre-orders internationally, almost double their pre-orders for Love Yourself: Answer.
2. On release, Persona went to No.1 on iTunes album charts in 89 countries. "Boy With Luv" went to No.1 in 65 countries. Also, all Persona tracks entered iTunes worldwide songs chart top 10, with "Boy With Luv" ranking at No.1
3. Persona broke the record for highest first day sales ever on Korea's Hanteo Chart. It sold over 603,000 copies in less than two hours. In 24 hours, they sold 1,479,930, making Persona the best-selling album of all time on Hanteo. It has gone on to surpass 2 million
4. "Boy With Luv" achieved the first Perfect-All-Kill of 2019 on the Korean charts.
5. BTS set a new personal record for roof hits on Korea's Melon charts with seven times and counting.
6. "Boy With Luv" sets a new personal record for BTS, as their song with the highest number of unique listeners on its first day on Melon with 934,298 unique listens. It also becomes the 9th highest of all male idol group songs ever.
7. Persona debuted at No.1 on the Billboard 200, making it BTS' third Billboard No.1 following Love Yourself: Tear and Love Yourself: Answer. It ties them with The Beatles for most Billboard 200 No.1s achieved in under a year with three different albums.
8. BTS also became the first Korean artist to have more than one song chart on Billboard's Hot 100 at the same time with "Boy With Luv" at No.8 and "Make It Right" at No.95.
9. BTS become the first Korean artist to get to No.1 in the United Kingdom, as Persona debuts at the top of the official album chart.
10. Persona debuts at No.1 on Australia's ARIA Albums chart making it the first release sung in an Asian language to reach No.1 in Australia. "Boy With Luv" also charts at No.10 on the Singles chart. Persona also debuts at No.1 in New Zealand.
11. The boys get their first top 10 album in Germany as Persona debuts at No.3 on the official charts. It also debuts at No.5 in France and Italy, and No.3 in Finland.
12. "Boy With Luv" breaks the record for the fastest music video to surpass 10 million views on YouTube, with 2 hours and 51 minutes.
13. "Boy With Luv" now holds the record for most-viewed 24 hour debut on YouTube, recording 74.6 million views.
14. With the new album's release, BTS become the first Asian artist to surpass five billion streams on Spotify.
15. Persona has become the first album in 22 years to enter the top five best-selling albums in South Korean chart history, currently sitting at No.2 with 3,229,032 sales.
Okay we're out of breath now. Can you believe how much BTS have achieved with Map of the Soul: Persona? Who knows what will come next!
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: