Is there anyone as stylish in Chinese rap right now than Kris Wu? From fashion weeks to his own concerts, the 28-year-old rapper, producer, actor and model is fearless when it comes to his fashion choices.
He's rocked long skirt-like robes on stage, pastel pink cardigans while front row at fashion shows and everything in between, knocking down traditional fashion boundaries one incredible look at a time.
Kris Wu has been subverting expectations of how male hip-hop artists present themselves for some time, and as he's become one of the biggest Chinese artists worldwide, he's stayed true to his sense of style. Whether he's in head-to-toe streetwear or haute couture, you can't deny Kris Wu stands out in a crowd.
Here's just some of the looks we keep returning to to admire his limitless style.
1. He commits to a look, like this two-piece matching LV outfit
2. He treats fashion as art, and he becomes part of the masterpiece in photo shoots like these
3. That includes the cover of Harper's Bazaar July 2019
4. Ok, all of his Harper's Bazaar covers are works of art
5. He doesn't shy away from the softness of ruffles, lace or sequins
6. He knows how to work a look, even granny-chic
7. Any man can put on a suit, but few would go for the snake collar accessory
8. Mixing feminine and masculine styles has become his signature fashion show vibe
9. And he perfectly encapsulated all of this recently with his stage outfits
Kris Wu's love for fashion has transcended his work as a model and brand ambassador; it's imbued in all of his artistic efforts. That includes his incredible range of outfits during the recent Alive tour. Dressed in everything from Louis Vuitton to Versace, Ann Demeulemeester and Vivienne Tam, every moment was masterful, just take a look below.
As an already respected member of the fashion community, with his connections to Louis Vuitton and Burberry among many others, Kris Wu has brought a whole new style into Chinese hip-hop which is most definitely, entirely his own. We can't wait to see what he does next!
Hear us on SBS PopAsia Digital Radio
Listen in 24/7 on Digital Radio, by downloading our free mobile app or by streaming live here on our website.
Download the app here: