A frustrating 1-0 loss to a 10-man Carlisle United on Sunday has heaped pressure on the former Premier League star with the club's supporters turning on their Australian coach.
In his column for the Crawley and Horley Observer, Crawley Town supporter Geoff Thornton has hit out at Kewell suggesting the 39-year-old's standing at the club had sunk to its lowest ebb.
"There is now doubt Harry Kewell and Warren Feeney (Crawley assistant coach) have lost the Red's supporters," Thornton said.
"Either the team are not doing what they have been asked or they are being misguided by the coaches.
"As the players are the same each time I fear it is the coaching which lacks direction."
The regular Crawley columnist also questioned Kewell's selection policy, suggesting the first-time senior coach had fallen out with the squad after an alleged clash with players in the aftermath of the Red's draw with Stevenage last month.
"A number of the squad appear to have been frozen out of the first team...none of whom would claim to be of great physical stature," Thorton said.
"The manager has already been accused of ignoring players he considers too small."
These comments come on the back of a less than impressive start to Kewell's tenure as Crawley Town manager with only three wins and a draw from their first 11 matches.
After the defeat to Carlisle, Kewell said his side must do a better job of capitalising on their opportunities if they are going to turn their season around.
"We’ve got to take those chances at the end of the day and unfortunately the goals that we are letting in, our mistakes, are nothing we have worked in during the week because I don’t think you can coach that," Kewell told the Crawley and Horley Observer .
“You just have to be switched on 100 per cent of the time and make sure you do your job properly.
“It was frustrating because they (Carlisle) had one shot on target and one goal."
Crawley will hit the road to take on Portsmouth in an EFL Trohpy clash on Wednesay (AEST) and Kewell said his focus remained the same despite the backlash from fans.
“Boos are boos, you can’t please everybody. We’ve just to concentrate as a team and as a club to go out there and do whatever we can to get that three points," he said.
"My strikers are trying, they are doing everything but it’s just not falling for them at the moment and that’s what happens in football.
“I have full confidence in all my attacking players that they will start hitting the back of the net.”