The Sydney FC defender revealed to The World Game his collision with a table during the clash against Melbourne Victory was not the first time it had happened to him.
"A similar incident occured when I was playing for Brisbane Strikers at Perry Park in the local competition as a teenager," Zullo said.
"The table was in a very similar position and someone shouldered me off the field as I was running down the wing and I took out the table and the chair.
"I basically just cleaned it up with my body and everything went flying. But it was OK, it was all good, I got up and kept playing.
"I'd basically forgotten about it, but I've been reminded of it by what happened last weekend. It's kind of funny to think it could happen again - although obviously with a lot more people watching this time!"
Zullo cut the inside of his left ear when he spun out of a challenge near the sideline early in the second half against Melbourne Victory and flew into the table, which is used to hold the substitution board as well as house paperwork.
He was left on the ground and holding his head in his hands before eventually recovering and continuing to play.
An FFA spokesperson told The World Game it was their understanding it was the first time in the history of the A-League such an incident had happened.
Unfortunately it wasn't the first time for Zullo, but the affable defender is not holding it against anyone and said it was just one of those things.
Only for him, twice!
"I think it was a freakish thing," Zullo said. "I mean, how long have those tables been there and nothing happens?
"I was just a bit stunned for a moment. I actually feel a bit lucky, because I could have been worse off had I landed a bit differently."
Asked if he thought he might be jinxed, Zullo replied: "Oh, look, people who have followed my injury history in general would probably agree with that, but I think my luck has turned this year.
"I've played every game so far and I'm happy with the way I'm going and I'm really enjoying it at Sydney FC."
The FFA have this week stressed to the clubs that sideline tables should be back at least five metres from the sideline.
The PFA's CEO, John Didulica, told The World Game that after discussions with the FFA he was satisfied operational changes were being made "to reduce the chances of a similar incident occurring".
Zullo was happy with that.
"I don't think anyone wants to avoid an accident more than the people running the game at the FFA, so I'm sure they'll make the right changes so it never happens again," he said.
Zullo and competition-leading Sydney FC are back out at Allianz Stadium for Sunday night's home game against Perth Glory.