This is your update on the Coronavirus in Australia for 4 October 2021.
- In Victoria, 45 per cent of new cases are aged under 30
- A seven-day lockdown starts today in Lismore in regional NSW
- Over 93 per cent of Canberrans aged above 12 partially vaccinated
- Queensland records one new locally acquired case
Victoria has recorded 1,377 new locally acquired cases and four deaths.
Virus fragments have been detected in sewage samples in Mildura. More Tier 1 exposure sites have been listed in regional Victoria, including Morwell and Shepparton.
Melburnians have spent 246 days living under stay-at-home orders across six lockdowns, surpassing the record set by the Argentinian capital of Buenos Aires.
Find a vaccination centre near you.
New South Wales
NSW has recorded 623 new locally acquired cases, and six deaths.
A stay-at-home order for the Lismore local government area has been announced till 11 October, and applies to anyone who has been in the area since 28 September.
NSW has begun its final scheduled week in lockdown, with 67.1 per cent of people aged 16 and over fully vaccinated by midnight on Saturday, 2 October.
Click to book your vaccine appointment today.
Australian Capital Territory
The territory has recorded 28 new locally acquired cases and two deaths.
There are currently 16 COVID patients in hospitals, including five in intensive care and one on ventilation.
More than 93 per cent of eligible residents have had their first dose of a COVID vaccine.
Click here to book your COVID-19 vaccination.
Last 24 hours around Australia
- Queensland’s exposure list grows as a new local case has spent 10 days in the community while infectious.
Quarantine, travel, testing clinics and pandemic disaster payment
Quarantine and testing requirements are managed and enforced by state and territory governments:
NSW Travel & transport and Quarantine
VIC Travel permit, Overseas travellers and Quarantine
ACT Transport and Quarantine
NT Travel and Quarantine
QLD Travel and Quarantine
SA Travel and Quarantine
TAS Travel and Quarantine
WA Travel and Quarantine
If you want to travel overseas, you may be able to apply online for an exemption. Click here for more information about the conditions to leave Australia. There are temporary measures for international flights that are regularly reviewed by the government and updated on the Smart Traveller website.
- News and information over 60 languages at sbs.com.au/coronavirus
- Relevant guidelines for your state or territory: NSW, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia, Northern Territory, ACT, Tasmania.
- Information about the COVID-19 vaccine in your language.
Visit the translated resources published by NSW Multicultural Health Communication Service:
Testing clinics in each state and territory:
Pandemic disaster payment information in each state and territory: