BORDER SECURITY BOOST FOR AIRPORTS AND MAIL CENTRES
* Body scanners and advanced X-ray equipment will be rolled out across Australia's major and regional airports
* More than 140 counter-terrorism officers will be deployed at airports, with another 50 officers providing them with tactical intelligence and support
* Proposed new laws will allow federal police officers to conduct identity checks at airports and order people to leave the premises
* Inbound air cargo and international mail will be subjected to stricter screening as part of a $122 million equipment upgrade
* Airport screening staff will face stricter training and security checks.