Watch FIFA World Cup 2026™

LIVE, FREE and EXCLUSIVE

Arnautovic says he's staying at West Ham

LONDON (Reuters) - West Ham United striker Marko Arnautovic has signed a contract extension with the Premier League club, ending speculation that the Austrian was set for a big-money move to China.

Arnautovic says he's staying at West Ham
(Reuters)

The 29-year-old told the club's website he was focussed and ready to face Wolverhampton Wanderers on Tuesday.

"At the end of the day, I sat down with my family, I sat down with the people around me and I said stop all this talking, stop all this waiting, I'm going to go the coach and tell him 'I'm ready to play'", he said.

"I'm back and I can focus now completely on West Ham because I have committed to stay and I'm going to give everything."

Arnautovic, who joined West Ham from Stoke City in 2017, said it had been a difficult time with speculation about his future swirling around.

"I said yesterday on my Instagram page that obviously it was a big offer, an interesting offer and me and my family took some time and thought about this because I think any human being would think about this," he said.

(Reporting by Martyn Herman; Editing by Peter Rutherford)


1 min read

Published

Source: Reuters



Share this with family and friends


Get SBS News straight to your inbox

Sign up now for daily news from Australia and around the world. You can also subscribe to Insight's weekly newsletter for in-depth features and first-person stories.

By subscribing, you agree to SBS’s terms of service and privacy policy including receiving email updates from SBS.

Follow SBS News

Download our apps

Listen to our podcasts

Get the latest with our News podcasts on your favourite podcast apps.

Watch on SBS

SBS World News

Take a global view with Australia's most comprehensive world news service

Watch now

Watch the latest news videos from Australia and across the world