Florida Highway Patrol investigators are facing increased pressure to make an arrest in the hit-and-run death of a young Australian man who was living a dream by working as an intern at Disney World.
It has been a year since Melbourne 22-year-old Mahmoud "Mike" Arabi, dressed in his Disney uniform after a shift at the world-famous theme park in Orlando, was killed crossing an intersection.
A car struck and killed him, but the driver didn't stop.
Investigators identified a suspect, the owner of a 1997 Ford Taurus, shortly after the incident, but no arrest has been made.
The American Muslim Youth Leadership Council in Florida held a press conference on Friday to mark the anniversary of the Australian's death and to offer a $US5000 ($A5540) reward for information leading to an arrest.
News that makes sense
Your trusted source for staying up-to-date with the world around you. Get free daily news updates and analysis, straight to your inbox.
"This is a crime," Imam Abufarah Helmi Elagha, of the council, said.
"This is a murder.
"We are seriously concerned with the amount of evidence collected, yet no arrest has taken place."
Sergeant Kim Montes of the Florida Highway Patrol said the last pieces of DNA trace evidence were received last week from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement crime laboratory.
"The crash remains under investigation at this time and traffic homicide investigators hope to move forward with the case in the upcoming weeks," he told AAP.
"The owner of the vehicle is the only suspect we have at this time and he has been co-operating.
"The lead investigator has been in contact with the mother of the victim by email throughout this investigation."
Mr Arabi's distraught mother and father, Nehed and Fadi Arabi, flew from Melbourne to Orlando after the crash and made a plea for the driver to come forward.
They showed reporters a Disney postcard their son sent that said: "I am grateful for this magical Disney opportunity".
