SKIP TO MAIN CONTENT

Canadian man faces new child porn charges

Police in Canada have laid additional charges against a man accused of running an online pornography ring that targeted boys, including some Australians.

1 min read

Published

Source: AAP


Skip to article content

Additional charges have been laid against a man accused of luring thousands of young boys from around the globe, including some from Australia, into taking part in an online child porn ring.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police Sergeant Jean-Marc Par said on Thursday the man appeared in court to face five additional charges related to child pornography and exploitation.

The man, who cannot be identified under a publication ban, previously pleaded guilty to producing child pornography, sexual assault and making child pornography available.

Police said most of the thousands of victims were boys between the ages of 10 and 16 years and were from over a dozen countries including Australia, Canada, the United States, England, Ireland, Scotland, the Netherlands, Russia, Ukraine, Belgium, Norway, Germany, France and Latvia.

Police say the alleged offences happened from at least January 2012 to the fall of 2014.


Get SBS News straight to your inbox

Sign up now for daily news from Australia and around the world. You can also subscribe to Insight's weekly newsletter for in-depth features and first-person stories.

By subscribing, you agree to SBS’s terms of service and privacy policy including receiving email updates from SBS.

Follow SBS News

Download our apps

Listen to our podcasts

Get the latest with our News podcasts on your favourite podcast apps.

Watch on SBS

SBS World News

Take a global view with Australia's most comprehensive world news service

Stream now

Watch the latest news videos from Australia and across the world