SKIP TO MAIN CONTENT

Connor's ex-husband cancels media event

The family of Australian woman Sara Connor who's involved in a murder case in Bali has cancelled a media conference on advice from the Australian government.

Australian mother Sara Connor
The ex-husband of an Australian woman who's involved in a murder in Bali will not front the media. (AAP)

2 min read

Published

Source: AAP


Skip to article content

The ex-husband of Sara Connor, the Australian mother accused of participating in the murder of a Bali policeman, will not front the media on Wednesday following advice from the Federal government.

Ms Connor and her British boyfriend David Taylor have faced days of interrogation after they were arrested over the death of Wayan Sudarsa, whose bloodied body was found on Kuta Beach in the early hours of Wednesday last week.

Her ex-husband Anthony "Twig" Connor, who is the father of her two sons aged nine and 11, was due to make a statement on behalf of the family in Sydney.

"Late last night we were advised by the Australian Government not to hold the conference", a statement from a family spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

The spokeswoman apologised for any inconvenience caused by cancelling the 10am event and said an update will be made "in due course".

News that makes sense

Your trusted source for staying up-to-date with the world around you. Get free daily news updates and analysis, straight to your inbox.

By subscribing, you agree to SBS’s terms of service and privacy policy including receiving email updates from SBS.

Ms Connor is expected to face a charge of participating in a murder after Mr Taylor allegedly admitted to hitting Mr Sudarsa with a phone, binoculars and a beer bottle.

Speaking outside Denpasar Police Station on Tuesday, the district's police chief Hadi Purnomo said they now believe Mr Taylor's first account was "a lie".


Get SBS News straight to your inbox

Sign up now for daily news from Australia and around the world. You can also subscribe to Insight's weekly newsletter for in-depth features and first-person stories.

By subscribing, you agree to SBS’s terms of service and privacy policy including receiving email updates from SBS.

Follow SBS News

Download our apps

Listen to our podcasts

Get the latest with our News podcasts on your favourite podcast apps.

Watch on SBS

SBS World News

Take a global view with Australia's most comprehensive world news service

Stream now

Watch the latest news videos from Australia and across the world