Police investigating the Manchester bombing have arrested an 18th person.
Greater Manchester Police said on Sunday a 20-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of offences contrary to the terrorism act in Cheetham Hill Road in the city the previous evening.
The Manchester Evening News said the arrest took place at a petrol station not far from the Manchester Arena, where Salman Abedi carried out the suicide bombing as fans left an Ariana Grande concert on May 22.
The force said officers also executed a warrant at a house in Princess Road in Moss Side in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Police have arrested 18 people in connection with the investigation but six have since been released without charge.
Twelve men aged between 18 and 44 are now in custody on suspicion of terrorism offences in connection with the attack.
Share
