KEY FACTS ABOUT THE $A134 BILLION SABMILLER DEAL:
- The combined group will control almost a third of the global beer market, with AB InBev selling one in four beers worldwide.
- AB InBev is already the world's biggest brewer, making more than 200 types of beer including Budweiser, Stella, Corona, Beck's and Leffe.
- SABMiller is the world's second largest brewer, with beers such as Peroni and Foster's in its stable.
- The combined group will make STG42.3 billion ($A71.80 billion) in sales globally each year and make around STG16 billion ($A27.16 billion) in underlying earnings.
- AB InBev said the takeover would strengthen its position in emerging markets such as Asia, Central and South America and Africa.
- The combined group will employ around 200,000 staff, bringing together AB InBev's 150,000-strong global workforce with SABMiller's 70,000 employees.
- AB InBev plans to cut some 5,500 jobs under aims to slash STG1.1 billion ($A1.9 billion) in annual costs within four years.