Minister condemns latest London attack

Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for Counter-Terrorism Michael Keenan has condemned Friday's attack in London.

Australian Justice Minister Michael Keenan

Federal minister Michael Keenan has condemned Friday's terror attack in London. (AAP)

There is nothing to indicate an increased terror threat in Australia as London reels after the fifth attack in the UK this year, says assisting counter-terrorism minister Michael Keenan.

Mr Keenan has condemned Friday's attack on commuters at Parsons Green Station and says he is working closely with state and territory governments to implement a public place protection strategy released last month.

"We stand in solidarity in the fight against terrorism. Unfortunately, public places continue to be targets for terrorists, both overseas and in Australia," Mr Keenan said in a statement on Saturday.


1 min read

Published

Source: AAP



Share this with family and friends


Get SBS News daily and direct to your Inbox

Sign up now for the latest news from Australia and around the world direct to your inbox.

By subscribing, you agree to SBS’s terms of service and privacy policy including receiving email updates from SBS.

Follow SBS News

Download our apps

Listen to our podcasts

Get the latest with our News podcasts on your favourite podcast apps.

Watch on SBS

SBS World News

Take a global view with Australia's most comprehensive world news service

Watch now

Watch the latest news videos from Australia and across the world