SKIP TO MAIN CONTENT

Murder charges over Sydney woman's death

A man has been charged following the discovery of a woman's body in their eastern Sydney home.

Police tape
File Source: AAP

1 min read

Published

Source: AAP


Skip to article content

A 42-year-old man has been charged over the murder of a woman following a domestic incident at a Sydney home.

Police discovered the 35-year-old woman's body at a Potts Point residence, in the city's eastern suburbs, when they followed up on a call about concerns for her welfare on Thursday morning.

It's alleged she suffered multiple stab wounds.

The woman's father reportedly called police from overseas after the 41-year-old man had contacted him.

"It is alleged that the son-in-law told him certain things, which brought the concern from the father to speak with police today," Superintendent Michael Fitzgerald told reporters.

News that makes sense

Your trusted source for staying up-to-date with the world around you. Get free daily news updates and analysis, straight to your inbox.

By subscribing, you agree to SBS’s terms of service and privacy policy including receiving email updates from SBS.

Police believe the Iranian couple had been living in Australia on bridging visas for the past four years.

The man was refused bail and is set to face Central Local Court on Friday charged with murder.


Get SBS News straight to your inbox

Sign up now for daily news from Australia and around the world. You can also subscribe to Insight's weekly newsletter for in-depth features and first-person stories.

By subscribing, you agree to SBS’s terms of service and privacy policy including receiving email updates from SBS.

Follow SBS News

Download our apps

Listen to our podcasts

Get the latest with our News podcasts on your favourite podcast apps.

Watch on SBS

SBS World News

Take a global view with Australia's most comprehensive world news service

Stream now

Watch the latest news videos from Australia and across the world