- You can donate to the Red Cross Appeal
- You can donate to the Salvation Army Appeal .
- Authorities also strongly encourage anyone distressed by the bushfire situation to take advantage of counselling and support services .
- A is now helping bushfire victims find temporary, free accommodation.
- Let your family and friends know you are OK by registering with the Red Cross (NRIS).
- WIRES - NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue & Education Service's Bushfire Appeal Fund can be found on their website at
- Petbarn is also running an appeal in conjunction with the RSPCA to assist rescue and recovery efforts aimed at wildlife, pets and livestock. You can donate to this appeal at all Petbarn stores. The RSPCA is also appealing for to help RSPCA inspectors help animals affected by the bushfires.
- National Animal Rescue Groups of Australia (NARGA) have a database of people willing to provide temporary care to all manner of animals during this crisis. More information on how you can assist or use their services can be found.
- The Animal Welfare League NSW is also offering emergency shelters for injured and displaced animals in bushfire-affected areas. More information on how you can help can be found .
- Social media is also providing support. has been launched to provide formal dresses, make-up and photography for graduating high school students who have lost everything in the NSW bushfires. Visitors to the page are encouraged to help their "sisters who have lost their formal dress in the fire" and "post a picture of your dress and its size etc. so they can take their pick."
NSW bushfires: How you can help
Disaster relief programs and charities are springing into action to help people who have been affected by the devastating bushfires in NSW.
Amy Hubbard returns to her family home which was completely destroyed after a devastating bushfire passed through at Winmalee in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney. (AAP) Source: SBS