The 23-year-old Ivory Coast national, who was suspended for several weeks earlier this year for insulting PSG coach Laurent Blanc, was released after 24 hours in custody and told he would go on trial on Sept. 26 on charges of acting violently towards a public official.
The player disputes police claims that he accosted them near a night club in the Champs Elysee area of the French capital. He argued during his detention that he was the one accosted, a judicial source said.
News that makes sense
Your trusted source for staying up-to-date with the world around you. Get free daily news updates and analysis, straight to your inbox.
(Reporting by Sophie Louet and Chine Labbe; Writing by Brian Love)
