Many of the people who fled their homes in the face of Perth's bushfires have been allowed to return.
The West Australia Fire and Emergency Services Authority has confirmed 72 homes have been destroyed after fire ripped through the Perth Hills district this week. They are believed to have been started from sparks from an angle grinder.
The Fire and Emergency Services Authority says not all residents can return yet because of dangers from burnt trees and power poles which could fall.
News that makes sense
Your trusted source for staying up-to-date with the world around you. Get free daily news updates and analysis, straight to your inbox.
About 100 firefighters continued to quell the blaze yesterday while road closures remain in place and power is still off to hundreds of properties.
FESA spokesman Allen Gale said the number of houses lost in the Kelmscott and Roleystone area had been revised upwards from 68, which was reported earlier on Tuesday.
Mr Gale said a further 32 homes had experienced significant damage.

