SKIP TO MAIN CONTENT

Teen 'asked for $20,000 for Riewoldt pic'

A teenager who released naked photos of St Kilda players asked for $20,000 for an image of Nick Riewoldt, his manager says, as a teammate admits to taking the picture.

nick_riewoldt_101222_B_aap_2002608720

2 min read

Published

Updated

Source: AAP


Skip to article content

A teenager who released naked photos of St Kilda players asked for $20,000 for an image of Nick Riewoldt, his manager says, as a teammate admits to taking the picture.

Riewoldt's manager Ricky Nixon alleges in a Federal Court affidavit that the 17-year-old told him she stole the photo of the St Kilda skipper from teammate Sam Gilbert's laptop.

In the September 6 meeting at Etihad Stadium, the teenager told Nixon she sent the photos from Gilbert's girlfriend's email to her own, Fairfax newspapers reported on Wednesday.

News that makes sense

Your trusted source for staying up-to-date with the world around you. Get free daily news updates and analysis, straight to your inbox.

By subscribing, you agree to SBS’s terms of service and privacy policy including receiving email updates from SBS.

Three days later the teenager returned "intoxicated".

"She told me with words to the effect of, `I will give you the photo of Nick Riewoldt if you give me $20,000'," the affidavit said.

The teenager has denied trying to sell the photos and said she posted the images of St Kilda players Riewoldt, Zac Dawson and Nick Dal Santo on Monday for revenge.

According to News Ltd papers, the girl said she was offered $20,000 "hush money" by a football contact not to release the photos.

The 17-year-old was at the centre of a police and AFL investigation earlier this year after claiming she became pregnant to another St Kilda player while she was still a schoolgirl.

Two St Kilda players were cleared of any inappropriate conduct.

The teenager has vowed to upload more revealing photos of other AFL players but has so far failed to follow through with her threats.

Gilbert, who apologised to his teammates on Tuesday, has admitted taking the photographers at a Miami hotel during last year's end-of-season trip.

He won a Federal Court order on Monday restraining the girl and Facebook from publishing more photos until 4pm Thursday.

The case returns to court on Wednesday.


Get SBS News straight to your inbox

Sign up now for daily news from Australia and around the world. You can also subscribe to Insight's weekly newsletter for in-depth features and first-person stories.

By subscribing, you agree to SBS’s terms of service and privacy policy including receiving email updates from SBS.

Follow SBS News

Download our apps

Listen to our podcasts

Get the latest with our News podcasts on your favourite podcast apps.

Watch on SBS

SBS World News

Take a global view with Australia's most comprehensive world news service

Stream now

Watch the latest news videos from Australia and across the world