SKIP TO MAIN CONTENT

Teen charged over Vic stabbing death

Police have charged a 17-year-old boy with murder after a man was stabbed to death at a party in Geelong.

Police Officers
Police are still searching for a man in connection with the abduction of a 5-year-old girl on Thursday. Source: AAP

1 min read

Published

Source: AAP


Skip to article content

A teenage boy has been charged with murder after a fatal house party stabbing in Geelong.

The 17-year-old, from Bulleen in Melbourne's northeast, was questioned by homicide detectives on Saturday after an unidentified man was killed in Norlane on Friday night.

Victoria Police have since charged the boy with murder.

The Herald Sun reports the victim, believed to be from Melbourne, had been trying to break up a fight.

A neighbour said he was shaken after the nearby party turned violent.

News that makes sense

Your trusted source for staying up-to-date with the world around you. Get free daily news updates and analysis, straight to your inbox.

By subscribing, you agree to SBS’s terms of service and privacy policy including receiving email updates from SBS.

"There were two gangs yelling and screaming at one another," he told the Nine Network.


Get SBS News straight to your inbox

Sign up now for daily news from Australia and around the world. You can also subscribe to Insight's weekly newsletter for in-depth features and first-person stories.

By subscribing, you agree to SBS’s terms of service and privacy policy including receiving email updates from SBS.

Follow SBS News

Download our apps

Listen to our podcasts

Get the latest with our News podcasts on your favourite podcast apps.

Watch on SBS

SBS World News

Take a global view with Australia's most comprehensive world news service

Stream now

Watch the latest news videos from Australia and across the world