THE PLAYERS WITH ORIGIN SPOTS ON THE LINE DURING NRL MAGIC ROUND
* James Maloney - Well and truly in the gun and will need a massive form surge to hold his spot.
* Reagan Campbell Gillard - Like Penrith teammate Maloney, his hopes are remote.
* Tyrone Peachey - Has struggled for form since moving to the Gold Coast and now has several players in front of him for the No.14 jersey.
* Luke Keary - Since last year's grand final has been the form player of the league and just about has to be picked.
* Cody Walker - Like Keary, is putting massive pressure on Maloney. Could also slot into the bench utility spot.
* Jordan McLean - Seems to be the next in line for a front-row spot.
* Payne Haas - Has been playing big minutes and making big metres. A player of the future.
* Jack Wighton - Can play anywhere in the backline and is being considered as a potential utility.
* Jack Bird - The leading candidate to replace Brisbane teammate James Roberts and has switched to the right side.
* Blake Ferguson - Looks a shoo-in to get a wing spot with Tom Trbojevic out injured.
* Jarrod Croker - Has been a consistent performer for a long time. A bit of a smoky for the left centre spot, considering he plays on the right.
* Cameron Murray - Has a big test in front of him against Jason Taumalolo on Sunday.
* Dale Finucane - Tough as they come. Wouldn't look out of place or let anyone down.
* Victor Radley - Is covering at hooker at the moment but has put his hand up for a back-row berth.
* Jesse Ramien - Another contender for a centre spot.
* Coen Hess - Currently sits on the edge and must prove to Kevin Walters he deserves to hold his spot.
* Gavin Cooper - Like Hess, if North Queensland can return to form it will be a big help to his case.
* Jarrod Wallace - Unlikely to hold his bench spot.
* Dylan Napa - His return from an ankle injury is a big boost for Queensland, who need him in form.
* Christian Welch - Has pushed himself into the pecking order and now looks likely to be blooded.
* David Fifita - The Broncos back-rower is in line to make his debut off the bench.
* Reed Mahoney - Has 17 games to his credit and is a long shot. But looks tailor made for Origin.
* Michael Morgan - Will be there, it's just not certain where. Either in the halves or at centre.