Harriet Wran must wait until at least next month to learn whether she'll get out of jail early after her parole bid was postponed.
The 28-year-old is eligible for early release from August 12, but a private parole hearing last Friday was postponed so reports and documents could be prepared.
Corrective Services says a public parole hearing has been set down for September 15.
Wran, the daughter of former NSW premier Neville Wran, was last month handed a four-year sentence for her role in the 2014 robbery and murder of a Sydney drug dealer.
The judge set parole eligibility at two years after accepting Wran was genuinely remorseful and taking into account the impact of intense media scrutiny of her.
News that makes sense
Your trusted source for staying up-to-date with the world around you. Get free daily news updates and analysis, straight to your inbox.
She has been behind bars since August 13, 2014, three days after drug dealer Daniel McNulty, 48, was fatally stabbed in his Redfern housing commission unit.
Wran, a former drug addict, has admitted helping then-boyfriend Michael Lee and his friend Lloyd Edward Haines gain entry to the flat but says she didn't know Lee had a knife and didn't see Mr McNulty being stabbed.
She pleaded guilty last month to accessory after the fact of murder, robbery in company, and harbouring, maintaining and assisting Lee, after prosecutors dropped a murder charge.
Lee and Haines have both pleaded guilty to murder and other charges.

