Australia will bid to host a second World Cup in NSW in 12 years with Sydney and regional areas of the state earmarked to stage matches.
Netball Australia has announced plans to bid for the 2027 World Cup, with Sydney and regional NSW the proposed host areas.
Australia hosted the last World Cup in Sydney in 2015 and the Diamonds head to England next week for their title defence in Liverpool in mid-July.
Netball Australia will celebrate their 100th anniversary in 2027.
"The 2027 Netball World Cup would bring 10 days of world-class netball to Sydney and regional New South Wales and we know we'll deliver the best netball event the world has ever seen," Netball Australia CEO Marne Fechner said on Friday.
"We delivered the most successful Netball World Cup in history here in Sydney in 2015 and our ambition is to lift the bar even higher and bring the world to New South Wales to celebrate netball and women's sport.
"With a netball footprint of more than 1.2 million people across Australia, we know how important it is to the netball community and our elite athletes to host another World Cup on home soil.
Earlier this year, the 2023 World Cup was awarded to Cape Town in South Africa.
Submissions for the 2027 tournament will likely be made in early 2020.
"Knowing the Netball World Cup will be hosted in New South Wales in 2027 would provide an incredible incentive for the next generation of elite netballers," Diamonds captain Caitlin Bassett said.