Richmond's young gun Dustin Martin is struggling to attract the interest of rival AFL clubs.
Greater Western Sydney and St Kilda have joined the list of AFL clubs turning their backs on young gun Dustin Martin who appears likely to remain at Richmond.
GWS released a statement on Friday pouring cold water on a possible deal with 22-year-old Martin.
The Giants made the point they had entertained Martin on Thursday at the request of his manager Ralph Carr.
Wearing a hard hat, Martin toured the Giants' facilities. But the league's bottom side have moved swiftly to indicate their team-building plans don't include Martin.
"We took up the invitation to meet with Martin and his manager Ralph Carr and showed them around our new training facility and Skoda Stadium," GWS general manager of football Graeme Allan said.
"But we have made a decision not to pursue further discussions.
"We will continue to explore a number of opportunities with other players with a view to add more experience to our playing list and we wish Dustin Martin all the best for his career ahead."
Richmond had earlier this week expressed their extreme disappointment that Martin, taken at No.3 in the 2009 draft, was considering other options.
The Tigers feel they've offered every assistance on and off the field to Martin, who was suspended for two games in 2012 for missing a training session.
Martin said he hadn't quit the Tigers, but needed time to consider his future.
But now Martin and Carr are finding doors are closing rather than opening and a new deal at Richmond, less lucrative than the one previously offered by the Tigers, could be the likely outcome.
Carlton, Collingwood and Melbourne have also ruled themselves out of the Martin equation.
The Saints said no thanks on Friday to Martin, who was third in Richmond's best and fairest award in 2011 and averaged 24 disposals this season.
"We are approaching the upcoming trade and draft period with a view to strategically building several aspects of our list," St Kilda's list manager Chris Pelchen told the club's website.
"But Dustin is not a part of any plans we have in place."
The Giants are still firmly in the running to secure Hawthorn's star forward Lance Franklin.
"He wants to make a decision at the end of the year and we have seen that through the whole year and that remains the same," GWS coach Leon Cameron told Fox Sports News.
Martin's reluctance to commit to the Tigers could mean there's less money left under the salary cap when a deal finally is done.
Earlier on Friday, Richmond announced they had signed midfielder Reece Conca to a three-year deal.
Conca, 21, produced some eye-catching performances in his 17 games this season as the Tigers reached the finals for the first time in 12 years.
Conca was taken by the Tigers at No.6 in the 2010 national draft.
The West Australian had been linked with a potential move to Fremantle or West Coast before signing the new contact that will keep him at Punt Rd until at least the end of the 2016 season.