The missiles travelled 1,500-km flight paths - including figure-of-8 patterns - above North Korea and its territorial waters to hit their targets, according to KCNA.
Its report called the missile a "strategic weapon of great significance", adding the tests were successful and it gave the country "another effective deterrence means" against "hostile forces".
The United States military has condemned the test.
"This activity highlights DPRK's continuing focus on developing its military program and the threats that poses to its neighbors and the international community," the US Indo-Pacific Command said in a statement, using the North's official name.
The North is under international sanctions for its nuclear weapons and ballistic missile programmes, which it says it needs to defend against a US invasion.
But Pyongyang is not banned from developing cruise missiles, which it has tested previously.
As described, the missile "poses a considerable threat", Park Won-gon, professor of North Korean Studies at Ewha Womans University, told AFP.
"If the North has sufficiently miniaturised a nuclear warhead, it can be loaded onto a cruise missile as well," Prof Park said.
"It's very likely that there will be more tests for the development of various weapons systems."
The launch was a response to joint South Korea-US military drills last month, he said.
But Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi is due in Seoul on Tuesday and Prof Park added: "By choosing cruise missiles, North Korea is trying not to provoke the US and the China too much."
Jeffrey Lewis of the Middlebury Institute for International Studies tweeted that the reported missiles would be capable of delivering a warhead against targets "throughout South Korea and Japan".
"An intermediate-range land-attack cruise missile is a pretty serious capability for North Korea," he added.
"This is another system that is designed to fly under missile defence radars or around them."
The South's military - normally the first source of information on the North's missile test - had made no announcement of any launches over the weekend.
South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff told AFP: "Our military is conducting a detailed analysis under close cooperation between the South Korean and US intelligence agencies."
The Pentagon did not immediately reply to a request for comment.
The reported launches are the first since March by the North, which has not carried out a nuclear test or an intercontinental ballistic missile launch since 2017.
They came days after a scaled-back parade in Pyongyang to mark the 73rd anniversary of the country's founding.
Nuclear talks with the United States have been stalled since the collapse of a 2019 summit in Hanoi between North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and then- US president Donald Trump over sanctions relief - and what Pyongyang would be willing to give up in return.