Four people have been attacked by sharks in NSW in 2018, including a 43-year-old man who was bitten while surfing Ballina.
SHARK ATTACKS IN NSW IN 2018
* November 7
- 43-year-old man bitten at Shelly Beach in Ballina. He drove himself with a 20cm gash in his left calf.
- The man used his surfboard to fend off the 1.5 metre shark, which hasn't been identified.
- Paul Kenny, 51, fended off a shark by punching it in the head when he was attacked at Port Stephens, north of Newcastle.
- A surfer was bitten on the lower leg by a two-metre-long shark at Arrawarra Headland, north of Coffs Harbour.
- 55-year-old swimmer bitten by a shark at Little Congwong Beach at La Perouse in Sydney.