Download the FREE SBS Radio App for a better listening experience
Guaranteed to become one of your go-to Greek vegan and meatless recipes, spanakorizo is another great option for take-to-work or school lunch.
Such a healthy, hearty, tasty dish – this meal can be on your table in less than 40 minutes. Greek spinach risotto or Spanakorizo in Greek (Σπανακόριζο) is traditionally served as both a main and side dish.
Pair it with a wedge of lemon, a piece of bread and some feta cheese, this dish is delicious right off the stove or served at room temperature.
2 bunches spinach, washed and roughly chopped
1 bunch spring onions, chopped
½ cup dill, chopped
1 cup short grain rice
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
- In a heavy based saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the rice
- Stir to coat with the oil and mix through spring onions and spinach and gently cook until they soften
- Add 2 cups warm water, salt and pepper and mix
- Simmer, covered until rice is cooked, about 15 minutes
- Add dill and lemon juice and check seasoning
Πατήστε Play στο Podcast που συνοδεύει την κεντρική φωτογραφία για να ακούσετε τη συνταγή στα Ελληνικά, από την Άντζελα Νικολέτου.