This quick and easy to make bread is gluten and sugar free, it’s yummy to eat plain or toasted with a little butter and honey. After it’s cooled, slice and freeze the slices separately.
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 1 ripe banana, roughly chopped
- 165 g (1½ cups) hazelnut meal
- 35 g (⅓ cup) ground psyllium husks
- 95 g (⅓ cup) plain Greek yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- pinch bicarbonate of soda
- pinch salt
- walnut halves, sunflower kernels and pepitas, to decorate
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line the base and sides of an 11 cm x 20 cm loaf tin or use a silicone pan.
- Place all the ingredients except the nuts and seeds for decorating into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Pour into the lined tin, smooth the top, then decorate with walnut halves, sunflower kernels and pepitas down the centre.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer withdraws clean. Stand until cool, then cut into slices to serve.
Adam Liaw cooks, laughs, and explores culture with some of Australia's most beloved in The Cook Up With Adam Liaw.
Photography by Danielle Abou Karam.